Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snapshots

I stood looking across the lake, watching hail pelt its surface. It began to rise quickly, threatening campers who strayed too close to the edge. The sky was swirling madly, so willing to come in contact with the ground. Miles away a city lay underwater. That was the summer of '08.

We blazed through the streets trying to catch a glimpse. Driving around town was erie, as everyone had taken refugee to escape the wrath of the storm. As we approached an open field, we finally saw what gripped the town with fear. The wall of clouds was fast approaching.

I woke up with an air of excitement. It didn't take long to realize the afternoon would be eventful. I had a choice; wait, or go find it myself. Standing my ground was the right decision. It came quickly and left hastily. To the trees it must have seemed like an eternity. The strong survived...the weak were not as lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment