Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blazing Sky

The above image is one taken looking west out of my hometown of Epworth, Iowa. I feel this image is perfect in describing the town, especially in the summer months. The photo is shot facing the sun, which is falling quickly below rows of maturing corn, with vivid mammatus clouds crossing the sky. If I were to include a picture of the South sky, vivid displays of lightnings would be present on a pitch black backdrop. This is the dynamic nature of my part of the world. A beautiful serene seen in one quadrant of the landscape, and an equally beautiful by frightening scene in the next quadrant. For my part, weather is the main representative factor when I am in different areas. I affiliate certain places with the events that are going on above me, which has strongly influenced my decision of entering meteorology. Most people can see their town in a building or a street sign. For me, it's represented by the changing nature of the sky above me.

No comments:

Post a Comment